Description of the Course:
The EBMT Nurses e-learning program has been transformed from the successful EBMT Nurses Textbook and has been developed by and for nurses with an interest in Haematopoietic Cell Transplantation. It brings together the knowledge of nursing leaders in HCT and nursing care to provide nurses with a comprehensive and informative guide covering all aspects of transplant nursing, from basic principles to advanced concepts. It takes the learner on a journey through the history of transplant nursing, presenting concepts to help nurses improve their patient’s experience. It also explores research and auditing methods.
The ultimate goal of this e-learning is to support the EBMT Nurses Group's objective of improving the care of patients receiving HCT.
- To provide free, accessible, complete, and comprehensive online education package for Nurses based on the EBMT Textbook for Nurses.
- To improve understanding and awareness through in-module activities.
- To consolidate prior knowledge through self-directed learning.
- To support JACIE accreditation and competency training for Nurses working in HSCT.
- JACIE and Quality Management in HSCT: Implications for Nursing
- HSCT: How Does it Work?
- Donor Selection
- Transplant Preparation
- Cell Source and Apheresis
- Principles of Conditioning Therapy, and Cell Infusion
- BMT Setting, Infection, and Infection Control
- Transplantation Through the Generations
- Early and Acute Complications and the Principles of HSCT Nursing Care
- Supportive Care
- Graft-Versus-Host Disease (GvHD)
- Graft Versus Tumor Effect
- Engrafment, Graft Failure, and Rejection
- Late Effects and Long-Term Follow-Up
- Nursing Research and Audit in the Transplant Setting
Participants are required to complete the content for each module including any learning activities within teh module. Participants comprehension of each module is tested by a short quiz of 10 questions.
You must correctly answer 80% of the questions. On succesful completion, you will recieve an automatic acknowledgement.
How to Access the Course:
Regsitration is open for members and non-members.
If you are a member, simply click the 'enroll' button and access the course.
If you are not a member, please fill-in this form to register into the e-learning platform. If you have never accessed the elearning platform, please see the tutorial for assistance.