Description of the Course:
Welcome to Chimera,
The first-ever online and open-access education e-course, brought to you by The EBMT Trainee Committee, designed to cover all aspects surrounding hematopoietic cell transplantation and cellular therapy with a focus on trainee-relevant knowledge and skills.
The e-course is divided into several learning modules, each covering separate topics and learning goals. Within a module, sub-topics are divided into short 10 minutes trainee-focused presentations delivered by an expert in the field. At the end of each module, there will be a short quiz to summarize the learning objectives and enable you to obtain a certificate to keep for your records. The module content can be reviewed as often as you wish, and the quiz can be attempted a number of times so no need to stress.
We are particularly happy that this whole project has come together through an international collaboration of trainees living and working across the globe, clearly highlighting what can be achieved when people share the same common goal of facilitating access to training resources. We may be based across countries and oceans, and have never actually met in person, but all share the same enthusiasm and determination for addressing inequalities in training opportunities. Each module has its own coordinating group who will introduce its goals and structure in short introductory videos.
This is a living learning e-course, so modules will be added over the next weeks and months. If you have any ideas for further refinements, please leave us your feedback and share your critique, feel free to e-mail us directly. We welcome you all to enjoy this project and join us on our exciting journey through the evolving field of BMT and cellular therapy.
Claire Horgan and Nico Gagelmann,
on behalf of the EBMT Trainee Committee
- Provide trainees with a basic knowledge and understanding of bone marrow transplant and cellular therapies.
- Understand the processes involved in stem cell transplant.
- Familiarize trainees with important clinical aspects of stem cell transplant and cellular therapy, including pharmacology, patient monitoring, and recognition and basic management of complications.
- Finding the Donor
- Getting the Cells
- Veno-Occlusive Disease (VOD)
- Phramacology Part 1: Coniditioning
- Cellular Therapy at Home
- Long-term follow-up
- Microbiome and Cellular Therapy
- Acute Transplant Complications
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Niche
- Strategic tools for your papers, presentations, and abstracts: elevate, craft, hone
How to Access the Course:
To access the course, create an account and enjoy this learning experience for free!
If you are not a memeber and you don't have access to the e-learning platform, you must fill this form. If you need help registering, please refer to the following tutorial.